Saturday, May 5, 2007

Whooo!!!! Finally Done!!!

Well, schools out....It's all gravy from here. Interesting news though. I got bored during final exams and I decided to read the new issue of Wired Magazine beginning my journey which culminated in installing a new OS. There was an article about Mark Shuttleworth, who created a new OS called Ubuntu. After beginning to "feel that crushing sense of uselessness," that comes with having way too much money, he spent $25 million of his personal fortune to hire open source developers, and negotiate with computer companies about selling PCs with the OS pre-installed. But, best of all, anyone can get it for free (We love free crap around here). All you have to do is either download the disk image or request the CD (takes ten weeks :( ) and off you go. From personal experience Ubuntu is quick and intuitive. This is the first Linux based OS that I've ever worked on that is user-friendly. More-so, everything you need and want comes on the disk or in one of the open-source databases th OS automatically connects you to!!! Seriously, you don't know how long it took for me to find Scribus so I could get you that magazine.

No comments: